In my previous post about organisation tips, I spoke about how to organise a small room. In this post I show you guys how I implemented it in my room.
- Luckily my bed in my new room has space under it so I bought an under bed storage box to store all my accessories, winter socks and my books. I bought an under bed storage box with 5 compartments from Amazon for £7.99. For my accessories, I simply bought plastic food storage boxes from Sainsbury’s and stored them in it. This is a cost effective way to store your chains, earrings, bracelets etc.
- I also bought a set of 4 drawer organisers for my socks and under garments. However, I use two of them in my cupboard and two in my underbed storage. They were also from Amazon for £8.99. The best thing about these organisers is that they can be easily folded and put away until needed. They don’t take up much space and are very useful for me.
- I filled two big suitcases with my summer clothes and shoes and kept it next to my cupboard. I have a long single-door shelved cupboard where I store all my jumpers, cardigans, scarves, winter tops and pyjamas. Since I put all my summer clothes in my suitcase, it helps me to see and use my winter clothes more efficiently.
- I bought a clothes rail from Argos for £8.99 to hang my coats and jackets. I already had a hanging clothes organiser from before that I added to my clothes rail. The clothes organiser contains my everyday go-to jeans and tops. You can get this clothes otganiser from Argos too. The rail also has a space at the bottom to put my shoes which is very handy. There is also a cover for this clothes rail for £6.99 that I am planning on buying
- I bought a lovely overdoor hanger/hook from Home Sense to hang my clothes that I had worn on the day but don’t need immediate washing.
I hope these tips are useful for you to help you organise your room when on a budget. Since all these items are under £10, I did not have to splash out a lot of money to organise my room. Most of the items mentioned here can be easily folded and stored when not needed and isn’t a hassle to carry when you moved house again.